Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Soup

Winter Soup
I came across a new veggie soup recipe that I just had to try.  It looked very simple to make.  With today being a very wet day outside, soup sounded delicious.

I used 1 vine ripened tomato instead of tomato paste; cut the potatoes into smaller than 1/2 inch cubes; left out the dill and stock; and increased the peas up to 1 cup.  I also skipped the puree part of the recipe.  I just didn't want to get any more dirty dishes.

The soup tasted good.  Very sweet, because of the sweet potato.  Seasoned it with a bit of sea salt and some ground black pepper.  Next time I'm going to cut everything into similar size cubes rather than having this slices of carrots and celery.

1 comment:

  1. Was a very nice soup. Very nice combination of flavors. Tasted quite wonderful.

    ReplyDelete