Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shrimp Stir Fry

Shrimp Stir Fry
It's been a while!  Got the cooking bug again lately and hopefully it will stick around for a bit.  Also, on a bit of a side note, I have new pretty plates to eat my creations from.

The Guinea Pig and I wanted to try out a shrimp recipe and had bought all the ingredients for it over the weekend.  Unfortunately the spinach leaves wilted and neither one of us wanted to go out to the store to pick more up.  We started looking up other recipes to try out with the shrimp, but nothing jumped out at us.  Then, I felt inspired yesterday and started chopping stuff up.

In about an hour or so, I went from having a pound of shrimp to having a delicious dinner ready.  I started out with an Asian inspired marinade and kept adding things to it that I had laying around, like celery and red pepper.  

According to the Guinea Pig, this recipe is definitely a keeper.

1 comment: