Friday, October 29, 2010

Beef Stir Fry with Shiitake Mushrooms and Snow Peas

Beef Stir Fry with Shiitake Mushrooms
and Snow Peas
I picked this recipe based on it seeming to be quick and easy.  That proved to be right for a change.  It took about 45 minutes to make including prep time.

I halved the amount of mushrooms and it seemed like the perfect amount to have.  Using any more would probably throw off the balance of the whole plate.  I went with a bed of basmati rice to server this meal on.

The outcome was amazing.  The spice level was just enough for me and not too much for my guinea pig.  By the second day all the juices have had time to set in, making the dish a bit spicier but not any less tasty.

Next time I'm going to throw in all the cilantro and green onions into the pan instead of leaving some for garnish.  I will also try using pre-sliced meat that my local store sells as "stir fry beef" to quicken the prep time even further.

A word of warning:  definitely needs a large pan to cook in.

1 comment: