Monday, November 1, 2010

Chicken and White Bean Chili

Chicken and White Bean Chili
I love me a good chili!  I usually just used the packaged seasonings and made it with beef and whatever else I felt like tossing in at the time.  When I came across this recipe, I jumped at the chance of getting away from the norm.

Based on reviews, and to keep things in the same color scheme, I went with red bell pepper instead of green.  I chose petite diced tomatoes and cut the quantity in half.  I left out the tomato paste and bean juices altogether.  I rinsed my beans well and added a half a cup of water to compensate.

To get the flavors to really stew together, I simmered the chili on low for about 2 hours.  When I was happy with it, I reduced it a bit for less watery consistency.

The resulted dish turned out amazing.  It didn't even need cheese and I LOVE cheese, almost as much as Rocky from Chip and Dale.  It had that melt-in-your mouth feeling with a little bit of a kick to spice things up.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly the best chicken chili I've ever had. Perfect amount of spice for me, which makes a really good chili, after all, if you can't taste the ingredients why make it? And on the flip side, chili needs some heat... or it would be called soup. 4 pig thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete