Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Simple Braised Beef Short Ribs

Simple Braised Beef Short Ribs
First time I ever made braised beef short ribs, which wasn't that long ago, I followed a recipe.  It had me use red wine and braise them in the oven.  They came out delicious and so tender that they fell off the bone while braising.

Today I was going for something completely different.  I was trying to see how I could make it as simple as possible.  I wanted to use only the stove top and wheat beer instead of wine.

For the wheat beer I chose Guinea Pig's father's favorite, Blue Moon.  To keep the flavors mild I went with leeks, celery, and carrots as my veggies.  As for seasonings, I decided to use only salt and pepper.  These choices were all made with the idea of keeping this as simple as possible.

The resulted ribs were even better than the ones I made the first time.  The bones fell off this time as well.  The meat was extremely tender.  I served the ribs with sides of mashed potatoes and sautéed carrots and brussels sprouts.  With the gravy reduction spooned over the meat and potatoes.

1 comment: