Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mongolian Beef

Mongolian Beef
I need a wok!  While browsing around, I came across this recipe.  It intrigued me.  I made it...with changes, of course.  Feels like I made so many changes to this recipe that I don't know if it's the same thing or not.

We almost had a mini-disaster before I even started making the meal.  The Guinea Pig was the last to use soy sauce and did not let me know that we wouldn't have enough of the sauce left to make the recipe.  But crisis was averted by a last minute store run.

On to the changes...I don't like ginger, so that went out the door.  I substituted sesame seed oil for canola; I just love how sesame seed oil smells.  I cut the green onions into smaller pieces and because Guinea Pig isn't a green onion fan, I used small ones rather than big.  I also used garlic chili paste rather than red pepper flakes.

On the whole, the meal was a success.  The Guinea Pig enjoyed it a lot.  It wasn't spicy at all - need to add more chili paste next time.  Also, I'll be putting in more green onions next time.  Even Guinea Pig wanted more, which is so unusual.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely enjoyed. And even I can't believe about the green onions. I consider this to be excellently yum.

    ReplyDelete