Monday, September 12, 2011

Peach Cobbler

Peach Cobbler
I came across a peach cobbler recipe and decided to give it a shot.

The Guinea Pig wanted to help out.  As he was grabbing all the ingredients, we noticed that we are all but out of white sugar.  The little bit we had left we used for the dough and the filling got dark brown sugar substituted.

When the cobbler came out of the oven, we couldn't wait to dig in.  I tried all the different parts:  the peach filling, the moist topping right next to filling, and the crispy topping.  They were all good, but not outstanding.  I began thinking this recipe wasn't going to be saved and then I tried all the components together and the dish made sense to me.  In the case of this peach cobbler, the whole was definitely greater than the sum of its parts.

I don't know if I'll keep the brown sugar next time I make it or use regular white sugar like the recipe says.  I would like to make the dough circles for the topping a bit smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment