Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pecan Pie

Pecan Pie
Last weekend I made my delicious pecan pie again.  I followed a recipe I discovered when The Guinea Pig asked me to make one for the first time.  I had never had a slice of pecan pie until then, but the outcome turned me into a pecan pie lover.  I love the crushed pecans that are part of the filling.  The added texture is a great bonus.

This time around, rolling out the dough was the most difficult part of the whole pie making.  It just kept breaking and tearing and didn't want to cooperate.  I still don't know how I forced it into the dish.  I used a tart dish and that worked out great.

Much to The Guinea Pig's dismay, it's going to be a while before I make this pie again with all the trouble I had with the dough.  Maybe I'll make it for Thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment