Monday, December 12, 2011

Apple Carrot Potato Soup

Apple Carrot Potato Soup
With the cold weather comes the hankering for soups.  Browsing through my collection of ideas, I spotted a recipe that I had all the ingredients for in the fridge/pantry.  Sounded like a good sign, so I proceeded to make the soup.

I had Guinea Pig peel while I chopped.  I used only water (3 cups), all the listed spices, and added a few garlic cloves to the recipe.  After cooking over low heat for 15 minutes, the carrots were still hard.  I poured in the water and simmered for 20-30 minutes, until the carrots were cooked through.  It was just a tad more soup than our blender could handle, so we split it into two batches.  We finished it off by seasoning with salt.  We decided against using pepper, because the other spices covered enough of those taste notes.

Both the Guinea Pig and I were surprised as to how little soup the recipe yielded.  We filled up two soup mugs to bring to work for lunch and had less than a cup of soup remaining.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the flavor of this soup. Started craving it all over again as i read this today.

    ReplyDelete