Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Roasted Broccoli

Roasted Broccoli
I had half a head of broccoli sitting in my fridge.  I was going to use it to make the peanut chicken, but that never materialized.  As I was browsing the interwebs, I came across a picture of broccoli florets on a baking sheet, which got me thinking back to the broccoli in my fridge.

I came up with a new way for the Guinea Pig and I to eat broccoli.  I roasted it with some garlic and then added lime zest and juice and almond slivers.  The almond and garlic slices were supposed to play off of each other.  I only used salt and ground chipotle peppers to season it.  Add a bit of olive oil so the broccoli doesn't stick and done!

It came out good enough for me to experiment again.  Next time I should leave all the proportions the same except for broccoli, I need to use a full head of florets.  Or maybe half broccoli half cauliflower?  I should also use lower heat so the garlic doesn't crisp too much before the broccoli florets cook.  Either way it was a successful first pass at a new way to enjoy broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment