Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Guiltless Meringues

Guiltless Meringues
We had a carton of egg whites in the fridge that was going to expire soon, so it was time to bake either meringues or angel food cake.  Meringues won the toss this time.

Egg whites being healthy to begin with, I wanted to get the outcome to stay healthy, so I turned to Splenda instead of sugar.  I flavored it with some vanilla and raspberry extracts.

The rule to bake these, as I learned it through practice, is low and slow.  You would think that I would know this by now.  Luckily, I caught it in time to save it.

Came out crumbly, delicious, and guilt-free.  Even Guinea Pig approved the use of Splenda.  No bad side affects to the taste.  Considering making these for x-mas (yes, in a few days), but need to pick up more egg whites and some food coloring to make it more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment