Monday, August 13, 2012

Honey Slaw

Honey Slaw
Like coleslaw, but could live without the guilt of mayo?  That's me!  I went looking for recipes without mayo and got inspired to create my own version of coleslaw.

Originally I was going to use green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots.  As I was shopping, I came across radicchio and thought that it might make a nice red cabbage substitution.  I also ended up throwing in a granny smith apple for good measure.

Seasoning the slaw was where I had the most fun.  I started by adding celery seeds, then some honey, then the Greek yogurt.  After tasting it, I decided that the slaw needed some more honey and some salt for balance.

The end product was a delicious honey slaw that was fit to be eaten as a dessert.  The Guinea Pig did just that.  He had some as a side with dinner and then some more as dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment