Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mushroom Sauce

Mushroom Sauce
Not knowing how moist the quinoa patties would turn out and totally expecting them to be dry, I wanted to make a sauce to go with them.  I came up with a spin on a family favorite:  sauteed mushrooms.  I figured that by slicing the mushrooms into smaller pieces, they would lend themselves to a sauce more than a full fledged side dish.

Off to the store I went in search of a suitable fungus.  A nice looking portabella mushroom ended up calling my name and so it went into the pan.  In addition to the portabella mushroom, I used pearl onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame seed oil.

The flavor combination was fantastic!  This might have been only the second time I ever used ginger and this time I did it right.  I won't be shying away from that ingredient in the future.  Next time I'm going to try and have patience and chop up the mushrooms into smaller pieces.

Mission quinoa patty accompaniment was accomplished as well.  The two together were a perfect match.

1 comment:

  1. The problem with the mushroom sauce was... I wanted to devour it by itself... it tasted that good.

    ReplyDelete