Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quinoa Patties

Quinoa Patties
I came across this recipe a few months ago and have been trying to make it for a while now.  The biggest obstacle was being too lazy to make fresh quinoa.  This time I had leftovers and I knew I had to give this one a shot.  One of those now or never things.

Of course, I didn't follow the recipe exactly.  I substituted in some grated Parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumbs for their counterparts, left out the salt and mint, and used 2 thinly chopped stalks of green onions.

Even though there were 2 eggs in the mixture, the patties were difficult to form.  The outcome was better than I expected.  Not dry at all like I thought they would come out.  Next time I think I'm going to add a bit more greens to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment