Monday, August 6, 2012

Bacon Avocado Egg Salad

Bacon Avocado Egg Salad
Over the weekend it struck me that I haven't eaten egg salad in a long time.  Rather than look up a recipe online, I decided to raid the fridge.  I came out with too many ingredients to make one cohesive dish.

After brainstorming for a bit, I decided to go with the less is more way and went with bare essentials.  I cut it down to just bacon, avocado, eggs and salt and pepper to taste.

I chopped the bacon up into thin strips.  While I mashed the avocado, The Guinea Pig cooked the bacon until it was crispy.  Then I shredded the hard-boiled eggs and mixed everything together.  I thought that maybe bacon would provide enough salt, but it didn't.

The dish was quick to make.  The outcome was a smooth and rich egg salad.  I served it on potato rolls that we had laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment