Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chipotle Braised Chicken

Chipotle Braised Chicken
A short while back I had my first experience with braising meat when I made some beef short ribs.  It made me want to try braising other meat like chicken.  Then I came across a recipe to do so and the rest is now history.

The local supermarket had chicken thighs on sale, so I went with those rather than a mix of chicken parts.  These thighs were humongous, so I decided to err on side of caution and double the cooking time.  The worst it would do is make the meat fall off the bones.

Skimming the fat proved to be somewhat difficult and was the toughest part of the whole recipe.  Other than that, it was pretty straight forward and simple enough to make.

The chicken turned out juicy and tender.  Although, it was not as spicy as I would expect something with chipotle in its title to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment