Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cream of Cauliflower Soup

Cream of Cauliflower Soup
I had about half of a large head of cauliflower left over from a recipe I made last week and decided to try a cream soup with it.  I halved the rest of the ingredients as well so that they wouldn't overpower the cauliflower.

I decided to skip the butter and use sunflower seed oil to sauté the veggies.  As I began to season the soup, I realized that I didn't have curry powder.  The Guinea Pig isn't a fan of that spice just like I'm not a fan of ginger.  A little bit of variation would have to be done and that I decided to go with cumin and paprika.

I used half veggie broth and half water to boil/cook the soup.  It took longer than 15 minutes to get the cauliflower tender.  Maybe next time I will break up the cauliflower into smaller florets.  No half-and-half meant that I got to use heavy cream and milk.

When the soup fit into the blender in one shot, I was happy.  I seasoned the soup with a half a teaspoon of salt and a quarter teaspoon of pepper.  I decided to garnish the soup with a crumbled blue corn chip.

The soup turned out very smooth and tasty.  It had a light and fluffy consistency.  It's definitely different type of soup than what I'm used to, which is nice to have some change.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I am salivating! - Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup was nice, creamy, smooth, yet different then any other soup i've ever had. I highly enjoyed it. Perfect for when you want a light soup or an upset stomach. Perfect for cold weather also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free text mode recipe blog .. interesting ... I'll have Tanya read it through :-))

    ReplyDelete