Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Corn Tea

Both Guinea Pig and I are huge fans of tea.  Lately we've started a sort of collection after getting the idea from a cousin who has an extensive one.  We try to keep it rational and only pick up a box of tea bags at a time while picking up a substantial amount of groceries.

So far we've been fortunate enough to discover a bunch of interesting teas.  The latest such find came from our local Asian grocery store and is made from corn.  This tea tastes like liquid toasted popcorn.  One bag good for 2 steepings.  On the first try we brewed it 3 times, but the last tea was a bit too weak.

I have got to say that this is the most unusual tea I've ever tasted.  I'm having a hard time calling it tea, that's how different it tastes.  I think everyone should try it, if ever given the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment