Thursday, November 17, 2011

Peanut Chicken

Peanut Chicken
Both Guinea Pig and I are fans of peanut butter.  I figured this recipe was something we would either love or hate.  Turned out that we loved it and will be making it again very soon.

I had to shrink it down by a quarter, so some proportions were shifted.  I'd like to think that they shifted for the better since it tasted great.  I used a tablespoon of peanut butter, a few tablespoons of soy sauce (enough to get the stir fry coated), half a head of broccoli (florets only), no vinegar (duh!), only one chicken breast, three green onion stalks, and a third of a red bell pepper.  All fried until the sauce formed a  nice, thick coat and served over quinoa.

From the first bite, we knew we hit gold!  We made enough for dinner and to have leftovers for lunch the next day.  After finishing up his first plate, Guinea Pig happily munched on would-be-leftovers.

I have to give credit to Guinea Pig; he prepped the chicken and cooked this delicious meal.  A job well done!

1 comment: