Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pear Galette

Pear Galette
A while ago I tried making an apple galette that turned out delicious.  If it works with apples why not try it with pears?  So, I found this recipe and went to town.

Well, when I say went to town, I mean that the pears sat in the fridge for a few weeks as I kept trying to find the time to make the dish.  I finally forced myself to make the time.  There's no way I was going to let the pears be wasted because of my lazy self.

I pretty much stuck to the recipe on this one.  I tried to leave out the butter topping, but Guinea Pig convinced me otherwise.  It was totally unnecessary and next time I get to leave it out.  The dough was refrigerated for a few hours, which helped out a lot.  I had to have the broiler on a little longer than the recipe stated, but that could be because Guinea Pig had me stick the galette in right away instead of letting the broiler heat up as the recipe suggests.

End result was still a delicious pastry that given the time I would make again.  Half the galette was eaten as soon as it cooled.  Another quarter was gone later that night.  Last two pieces were saved for next day's dessert.

1 comment: