Monday, August 27, 2012

Braised Pork Stew, Take 2

Braised Pork Stew, Take 2
A short while ago I first experimented with a braised pork stew.  This weekend the weather has been dull and rainy and more like fall than summer.  I decided it was time to experiment with the pork stew recipe again.

I had half the pork top loin left over in my freezer from the last time I made this dish and since then have also come across some colorful potatoes (also from Costco).  Onions, carrots, and a green apple round up the stew ingredients.  For the rub, I used pressed garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and three types of pepper - black, white, and chipotle.  I skipped the stock and wine this time and used all beer instead.

The stew came out delicious yet again.  It had a bit of a bite without being spicy.  Pork was moist throughout and the veggies cooked perfectly.  The one thing that surprised me most was the blue and pink potatoes that were part of the mix all turned the same color as the white ones did.  This is definitely a recipe I will play around with again and again and again.

1 comment: